Sunday, February 22, 2009

Smooth Sailin


And I even got my mama sayin'..

So Earth, Wind and Fire played at the White House today, and I sat here and organized a couple thousand records, gathering tons of stuff I won't need immediate access to in the age of Serato. So, among all the old promo records headin to storage, I came across this Roscoe 12" I remember feeling in '03 . Roscoe is Kurupt's younger brother from Philly, and the track is built off the same 'Brazilian Rhyme' loop as Tribe's Mr Muhammed. Def Jef and Soul G's flip gives a smooth West Coast feel to a sample thats been beaten to death over the years. I've posted the track and instrumental at 320, as well as the EWF track. Boogie Banger also has an edit of the EWF track rumoured to have been done by 45 King. Hey diddle diddle...

Smooth Sailin' - Roscoe

Smooth Sailin (Inst) - Roscoe

Brazilian Rhyme - Earth Wind and Fire

Ok, zshare is acting up, all 3 tracks are here for now....

No comments: