
First off, peace to our 2 new contributors. Drizzlepops will be dropping Miami bass and booty music, straight from the mountain time zone. Just don't request Mobb Deep (hateur!). Dr Gupta, generally known for talking nonsense on CNN and being our future Surgeon general, will be dropping all sorts of exotic ethnic funk and disco gems, in addition to being totally willing to cut your head open and mess around with your brain. Seriously, email him, he's looking for test subjects. Neither of them should feel limited by the genres I've mentioned here; at least I didn't say Sanjay would be posting bollywood jams, right? (btw, please post some bollywood dude, i know you got the heat, dont hold out on us)
Ok, back to the lecture at hand. As promised, I got some tracks with rappin on them, but I'm gonna stick with the disco theme too. I'm also going to follow Dr. Gupta's lead and keep the yappin to a minimum. Let me just say though, disco rap is whats up in 2009.
Johnson and Johnson - Wow
Don't know much about these dudes, but this track has been killing me for a week. Smooth shit, someone do an intro edit please...
Kanye West- Love Lockdown (B. Cause Disco Edit)
Another killer blend from DJ B. Cause. My man sent me a data disc of edits recently, and let just say, this dudes stuff make me want to quit doing edits. Seriously, buy his cds...
Busta Rhymes- Dont Touch Me (U-Terns Disco Mix)
Last up, another disco edit, this one by U-Tern, another DJ who's skills on the decks make me ashamed. As a bonus, his blog and podcast also makes me feel deeply inferior. If you don't know how he gets down, get familiar.
No comments:
Post a Comment