So I'm trying to keep up the pace with the posts but blogging is hard. Here's a couple joints I had laying around.
Like everyone else and their mother, I gave the Santogold album a lot of play in mi casa this summer. Can't lie, I kinda agree with people who say the album is a little hit and miss, but when it hits it hits, and I also don't begrudge her for cashing checks off licensing parts of the album; its 2008, and CDs aint paying bills like they used to. Anyone with half a brain should be happy to have the music in commercials, and the concept of "selling out" is so 1998. Anyway, besides her album, Santi put out a mix cd with Diplo. One of my favorite tracks on the original lp is "I'm A Lady", despite it being on a more mellow 80's rock/new wave kind of tip. On the diplo mix, it gets reworked into a more club friendly track, with bonus "I Need Love" interpolation! I havent seen a full-legnth version of it around anywhere, so I just slightly edited it for clurb consumption, taking out the 30 second talking interlude from the middle of the track and looping the hook from the end a couple times to extend the originals 2 min running time a bit and make for easy mixing. Nothing too special on my end, but a great mix for Diplo. Peace to philly.
Santogold & Diplo - I'm A Lady RMX (edit)
Next up, here's a 12" I recently picked up in upstate NY, Freak In Me y MC Juice. I don't have time right now to fully research this track, but from what I can tell, its basically some New Jack Swing from the London-based Production House label, released around '92. I don't always get down with all the Euro-Rap, but when it works it works, and this track pretty much has the feel of the whole era down pat.
MC Juice - Freak In Me (Naughty Mix)
Lastly, I have the first Fly By Night exclusive. My homies Illfonics have been making all sorts of power moves over the last couple years, licensing tracks and placing beats on recent releases by the Clipse and LL Cool J. They flipped the masters to a pretty recognizable soul classic here, and basically, this is my shit. Jeddy sent the track my way, and I laid some seasoning on it in the form of Wayne and Jay. NEW SHIT!!!
Hello Illfonics
Till next time batches.....
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment