I DJ'ed this event for the AMC show MadMen at Bloomingdales last night. I hadn't seen the show at all but needed to know more about the music so I watched an episode for homework. I see why it's so popular. Dudes chain smoking and drinking scotch all through the workaday hours while smacking attractive secretaries on the ass. Sometimes I wish I'd been born 30 years earlier.The event was cool and people really dug the music. My prep work got me into the 60's era loungy, ultracheese that embodies the era, as well as funkload of tasty 60's soul. I will upload some top gems of the night.
The Flamingos--I Only Have Eyes for You
RED HOT FIRE. I threw this sample over the EPMD Rampage Break for this one which is available below, in its current state. I also want to hear other people remix this joint so please feel free to post your edits and remixes!!!
Slow Down Baby (Bearclaw RMX)
Here's the title track Instrumental by RJD2 and Aceyalone, who seems to be back on the rise
A Beautiful Mine--RJD2 & Aceyalone
No comments:
Post a Comment